It’s a new year, Igniteers, and we’re excited to have another geektastic Ignite Denver on the horizon! That’s right; Thursday, February 20th at the Oriental, knowledge will be dropped. Did you make a resolution to try new things or to put yourself out there more? Perhaps you literally made a resolution to do more public speaking? If that’s the case, my friend, then I think you need to pitch a spark. We’re having an informational meeting this coming Monday, January 6th in Shift Workspaces at 6 pm so that you can find out more about the process and how to write a compelling pitch (we call them sparks because of the whole fire motif). In fact, here’s the whole freaking schedule for our workshoppes, those wonderful information sessions where we try to give you as much information as humanly possible to help you create the best Ignite presentation ever. Jan. 6 – Creating a Compelling Pitch/Spark Jan. 20 – Presenting at Ignite Feb. 3 – Creating a Great Presentation Feb. 10 – 1st Run Through **REQUIRED** Feb. 17 – 2nd Run Through **REQUIRED** These are all on Mondays at 6 pm at Shift Workspaces, so you don’t have to try and juggle different days of the week in your mind. Because we care. If you’re at all interested in finding out what it takes to submit a spark and become a presenter, we encourage you to swing by on Monday and see what all this noise is about. Happy New Year and all that jazz, Your Ignite Denver Organizers
Make sure you get to the Sherman St Event Center in time to grab a beer or two and some grub before the presentations start!
See you Wednesday!
Doors open at 6:00 and sparks start around 7:00
Get your ticket soon! They’re going fast!
Haven’t bought a ticket to Ignite Denver yet? You should. Already bought the $10 2 beer ticket, you’re in luck.
Through the magic of awesome sponsors we’re making the 2 beer ticket a “beer Wristband” ticket which means your $10 now gets you a lot more awesome craft beer!
Like I said, if you haven’t bought a ticket, they’re going fast and you should jump on it. We’ve got an awesome line up of presenters, and awesome line up of craft beer sponsors, and of course the regular Ignite Denver awesomeness that you’ve come to know and love!
You can read a bit more on the Denver Off the Wagon Blog.
Don’t miss out!
Hold on to your hats! Here’s the list of the awesome sparks you’re gonna see in just over a week!
This isn’t the order they’ll be presenting in – we’ll announce that later – but here’s your full Ignite Denver 10 Line up!!
See you there!
- Jonathan Shikes – Big Beers, Barleywines and Being Blitzed
- Greg Koch – CEO, Stone Brewing – Environmental Righteousness!
- D.T. Pennington – A Really Great Idea at the Time
- Dave Thibodeau – President, Ska Brewing – Beer, Career, and Fate in 5
- Chris Washenberger – Distillation And Why I Love It
- Chris Rippe – Hey Prohibition, Suck It
- Rick Lyke – Founder, Pints for Prostates – Pints for Prostates
- Tim Davids – How I Lost a Bunch of Weight (and Also the Ability to Do Anything Fun, Ever)
- Thomas Kolicko – Director, Beer Culture
- Sara Downey – Beer Makes Me a Better Mommy. Wait. Who’s THAT Baby?
- Ashley Routson – a.k.a. The Beer Wench
- Nick Nunns – BEER & METAL
- Jace Milstead – Someone Give Me a Show About Beer
- Josh Mishell – Good Beer and Good Marketing are Not Mutually Exclusive!
- Amanda Johnson – Marketing and Branding Manager, Odell Brewing – Beer Play
If you’re not excited… well go read that line up again!!
Then go buy your ticket! Remember, the $10 ticket includes 2 (TWO!!) craft beers, the $5 ticket includes NONE. Of course, you can buy beer tickets onsite too!
The submissions for Ignite Denver 10 are incredible. But don’t take my word on it. Go over to the voting site and get your vote on!
These are only a portion of the overall submissions. We’ve got an awesome line up of GABF presenters as well as the great Denver crowd you’re voting on. It’s gonna be an awesome night. Hope you bought your ticket. They’re going fast!
You’ve seen the tweets, you’ve heard the hype…
It’s all true.
Ignite Denver 10, GABF is gonna be off the hook. Yes I said, it was cool back then it’s cool now!
We’ve got some really awesome submissions from both Denverites who want to share their knowledge and passion with us, and folks from the Brewers Association (the list is here). This will be a great Ignite Denver.
To celebrate GABF and all it means to Denver and us the beer drinking masses, Ignite Denver is moving downtown. We’ll be at the Sherman St. Event Center! An awesome space right downtown, not far from the capital and 16th St mall shuttle.
Tickets go on sale Friday at noon. There’s 300 tickets and if you think waiting until the week before Ignite is a good idea, you’ll be very sad. Get yours now!
It wouldn’t be a GABF Ignite Denver if we didn’t have craft beer on hand. We’ve got beer from Ska Brewing, Great Divide Brewery and Renegade Brewing, plus maybe 1 or 2 more we’ll reveal later. Beer tickets will be on sale onsite for $5 so you can enjoy these awesome local brews. You can also buy a $10 ticket that includes 2 tickets. (Do the math. Ignite Denver is $5. The other $5 gets you two beers, which will be $5 each onsite. Two beers for the price of one. Booya!)
See you in September!
Without further adieu here’s the line up for Ignite Denver 9! Don’t miss it! You’ll be sad 🙂
- Erin Ek | I See London, I See France
- Joseph Labrecque | Zombies, Vampires and Babies – What You NEED to Know!!
- Tim Nicklas | Pittsburghese: A Dialectical Primer
- Kia Ruiz | It’s Just Biology: Why We Do What We Do
- David Pennington | Totally Wasted – Why You Should Always Remember to Bring a Towel
- Kelly Tidd | Really? You’re a Writer? Really?!
- Erika Napoletano | No More Redheaded Bastard Stepchildren: The Demise of the Recessive Gene
- Tim White | Joys and Dangers of 10 Hobbies You May Not Have Tried
- Brian Timoney | The Last Secret Shame: A Cultural History of Debt
- Tim Davids | MORE tips for Surviving Bear Attacks
- Jon Rossi | My First Tattoo and What I Should Have Done
- Jennifer Duensing | How to Live on an Island
- Eric Fickes | I Wish You Weren’t So Dumb About Computers
This isn’t the official order, but these are the first 11 sparks!
We’ll be announcing the last 3 in the next day or two as well and then will release the official order. We just wanted you to know what was in store for you as soon as possible 🙂
- Erin Ek I see London, I see France!
- Erika Napoletano No More Redheaded Bastard Stepchildren: The Demise of the Recessive Gene
- David Pennington Totally Friggin’ Wasted
- Kelly Tidd Really? You’re a writer? Really?!
- Jennifer Duensing How to Live on an Island
- Joseph Labrecque Zombies, Vampires, and Babies: What You NEED to Know!
- Tim Davids MORE tips for Surviving Bear Attacks
- Kia Ruiz It’s Just Biology
- Brian Timoney The Last Secret Shame: A Cultural History of Debt
- Jon Rossi Your First Tattoo
- SEEDS OF PASSION: the heart of the debate over genetically engineered food.
Make sure you get your ticket early! In fact, go get it right now!
We’re hard at work on Ignite Denver 9! Remember how much fun you had last time, it’s gonna be better! For those interested in submitting a spark, the submission window will be opening soon! Here’s how things are gonna work this time.
Tuesday, June 21: The Main Event, make sure you get a ticket fast!
May 23rd: Voting on sparks begins
May 2nd: Submissions Open. Get your awesome idea ready!!
After the success of Ignite Denver 8 (By the way, we made $300 for SOS Outreach!) we’ve secured the Oriental Theatre for the rest of the year! We’re really happy to keep working with the guys at the Oriental. They’re awesome to work with, and it’s always nice to support local business!
New digs FTW! These dates are locked but could change depending on external factors..
- June 21st
- September 20th
- December 6th
Yup 3 more Ignite Denver’s for your enjoyment.
Stay tuned, we’ll have the videos on our youtube page shortly!