Last year at Ignite Denver 14’s June-O-Ween extravaganza, you wonderful people brought your A game. Of course there were incredible presentations from Erika Napoletano, Kevin White and many of Denver’s finest minds (as you all have come to expect from Ignite Denver events). What really made the night a one-of-a-kind soiree though was all the attendees dressed to the nines in their Halloween finest. (If you haven’t seen all of the wonderful Chipper Booth pictures from that night, be sure to check them out!)
Ignite Denver 14 presenters in their June-O-Ween costumes
So we just couldn’t resist bringing a night filled with ghouls and goblins back to the summer season with June-O-Ween at Ignite Denver 17 on Friday, June 13 at the Oriental Theater. It will be a Friday the Thirteenth to remember as we combine some of Denver’s most innovative thinkers with alcohol and everyone’s scary, skanky, and just plain bonkers costume creations.
Thinking about presenting at Ignite Denver 17? WONDERFUL! Be sure to attend our workshop series to learn everything you wanted to know about Ignite Denver (and probably a couple of TMIs along with it). All workshops are at Shift Workspaces and start at 6pm:
- April 21 – Creating a Compelling Pitch/Spark
- May 5 - Presenting at Ignite
- May 19 – Creating a Good Ignite Presentation
- May 27 – First Run Through (required)
- June 2 – Second Run Through (required)
Please don’t hesitate to contact us through Facebook or Twitter if you have any questions about upcoming workshops or topics for a presentation.
Strap on those thinking caps now and start brainstorming your spark and/or costume for Ignite Denver 17! Don’t forget to check back in with us for more announcements about June-O-Ween speakers, sponsors and other exciting surprises.
Bad Habit (Erika Napoletano) & Sexual Predator (Amy Little) at last year’s June-O-Ween
This Ignite Denver, we’re doing something different: we have two different ticket prices.
That’s right, for those of you who plan ahead, you can get your tickets for a paltry $5.
We’re rewarding our early birds with a less expensive worm. The worm is the exact same worm that you’ll pay more for next week, so if you get it early, you can save money for extra birdseed.
I took that metaphor way too far.
Tickets are $5 until Sunday, February 16th and they will go up to $10 on Monday, February 17th, so it would behoove you to buy your tickets now and save the extra scratch for a drink at The Oriental Theater.
No matter when you buy your ticket, you’re still going to bear witness to an epic evening filled with inspiration and revelation. You don’t want to miss this!
Get your tickets now!
Man, do we have a diverse cast of characters coming atcha this February 20th at the Oriental. We’re really excited by the speaker’s you’ve chosen and we have to say, Denver, you have mah-velous taste, dah-ling. Mean it! Love you!
OK, now I shut up and give you the list of speakers and topics for the main event in no particular order:
- Joe Hackel: Space is the new (Colorado) (Internet) (Microbrewery) startup
- Meg Jamison: Why “Smart” is Stupid: A critical look at education through the lens of innovation
- Justin Morgan: The Art of Storytelling
- Tiffany Lanier: You’re not broke. You just have a Broke Mindset.
- Becky Tate: 30 Days of Pleasure
- Rick Ramos: How to Dig Yourself Out of a Shithole With a Shovel
- Frank DeDominicis: Myths of Women & Power
- Cody Pearson: Vibes Are Real
- Melissa Dafni: The New Internet is Coming, Are you Ready?
- Marissa Berlin: The Art of the Heckle
- Dean Bacalzo: Running Can Be Fun… Seriously.
- Alicia Nieva-Woodgate: Mr. Mayor – Save Denver
- Jeff Gamet: Everything I Need to Know in Life I Learn from Watching Muggles in Starbucks
- Justin Stollsteimer: Want Your Website to Look Like apple.com? NO YOU DON’T.
Awwww yeah. Are you getting a little excited? Is your breath short from anticipation? Are your palms sweating with excitement?
First things first, catch your damn breath and dry your hands with a towel, because you have a problem containing yourself.
Next, go get your tickets for Ignite Denver 16 right here: ignitedenver16.eventbrite.com.
Now, go get a countdown app so you can watch it anxiously as you wait for 6 pm on February 20th at The Oriental Theater.
We’re gonna have a grand ol’ time.